Archive for November, 2004
Now cloudsoup remaindered links are being maintained via del.icio.us we need a way to integrate them into the weblog.
Solution so far is a quick and dirty call using the Magpie PHP RSS Parser and a cron job on the server. Better still would be to use the del.icio.s api (link location will change soon) and make calls for a specific date – and to cross-reference to other del.icio.us items using the same, or close, categories. We’ll be working on it soon.
There’s a possiblity of automatically building automated ontologies by exploring categorisations made of the same link by different people, and then of those categories applied to other links. Iy should be possible to build an entire semantic classification of del.icio.us links and by implication, of anything that’s interesting. Hmmm
- CrashBonsai » toy cars and miniature trees collide
- BBC NEWS | Wales | Royal seal of approval for Wales Millenium Centre » That’s a relief then
- Sushi Eating HOWTO » Including advice on eating fugu
- Computer History Museum – Timeline » Computers, people, software, robots, networks and companies to 1990
There’s a Christmas arms race and it’s difficult to see how it can be stopped. The shops have had Christmas decorations in since, oh, October and the tv stations are advertising their Chistmas schedules and even broadcasting seasonal programmes already (like The Little Prince on the BBC).
High-street shops make a sizeable chunk of their annual sales at Christmas and if they can steal a march on their rivals by stocking up early on Christmas goods and grabbing a bigger share, why not do it? It’s the logic of the market. Everyone then has to play catch-up and the Christmas season begins earlier and earlier every year. In the UK the start has crept over the firebreak of Guy Fawkes (November 5th), which for years seemed to be an early limit on the beginning of Christmas retailing. It’s pushed back past Halloween (October 31st) and now there seems nothing to stop it moving further back to the end of summer.
- Last 100 podcasts » podcasting with the ipod
- HubbleSite – Wallpaper » Hubble Space Telescope images as wallpaper
- phillip m. torrone | flashenabled.com | …the best way to predict the future is to invent it » personal weblog of edgadget geek
- WordPress and del.icio.us » Integrate your del.icio.us daily links with your Worpress weblog